Applications Open for July 2018
Internship period: July 9th - 17th September 2018
There are 2 ongoing research projects for intern applicants to consider.
Project 1: Campus Uprising
Campus Uprising documents and maps student led protests in response to rape culture, patriarchy on campus, across geographies, including. ( India, South Asia, Globally). The project is an effort to recognise a global climate of resistance to rape culture and patriarchy on campus. The research maps campus climate between 2003 - 2018
The project documents the following:
- Cause of protest
- Nature and form of resistance.
- Is it linked to an environment of warnings and blame?
- Outcome of resistance
- Shifting rape culture climates on campus
- Current campus climate All of the research will be added to a Campus Uprising, Reporting To Remember a digital map for public knowledge. The intern’s efforts include research, mapping and digital storytelling. Intern applicant is required to submit a 200 word proposing a potential media research outcome from the two month engagement. It could be a data visualisation map, audio podcast, interviews, academic paper, photo essay.
Project 2: Campus Patriarchy Data
A compilation and analysis of hostel rules and dress codes amongst 150 colleges in India.
The colleges should be both government and private.
The colleges should be both all girls and across gender. The colleges should be in both rural and urban India.
The Campus Patriarchy Data should be a just representation.
ll of the research will be added to a Campus Patriarchy Data, for public knowledge.
The intern’s efforts include research, mapping and digital storytelling.
Intern applicant is required to submit a 200 word proposing a potential media research outcome from the two and half month engagement. It could be a data visualisation map, audio podcast, interviews, academic paper, photo essay.
The intern will be recognised as one of the collaborators in the long process of building this. This is an ongoing collaborative research project, built and led by multiple collaborators, mostly through internship and classroom engagement. The intern is required to step in the project for a period of two months and build it.
Both projects are located within Blank Noise, and its I Never Ask For It mission; a global call to eradicate victim blame. The I Never Ask For It mission, builds a collaborative research project titled: Reporting To Remember. Reporting To Remember documents incidents of sexual assault that have been justified systemically, through victim blame. The two research project, Campus Uprising and Campus Patriarchy Data will contribute to #ReportingToRemember
This internship is a collaboration between Blank Noise, Centre For Internet and Society, and Sangamma. The study undertaken during the period of the internship will be shared at a conference in September 2018.
A potential outcome of this documentation is for it to:
- Become a spring board, to imagine, envision what a safe campus looks & feels like.
- Create solidarity amongst campuses and students.
- Document and articulate the shifting climate of rape culture and patriarchy on campus.
- Document and articulate student led protests in response to rape culture and patriarchy on campus.
- Establish patterns as well as connections between various incidents of sexual assault, blame and warnings across campuses.
- Being able to reveal questions and insights on the due process and the need for feminist infrastructure on campus.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 9TH JUly
EMAIL SUBJECT : INTERN APPLICATION CLIMATE READING : TOWARDS BUILDING A FEMINIST CAMPUS
EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org